The majority of the car insurance quotes New York drivers receive are among the most expensive in the US. New York is the 12th most populous state, it has a no-fault car insurance system, and it’s among the top nationwide in terms of the frequency of insurance fraud. Furthermore, New York City is one of the biggest and most bustling metropolitan areas in the world. All these factors increase the chances of something unforeseen happening, which leads to high premiums.
Here, you’ll find a list of the cheapest car insurance in New York for each category of driver. We put it together knowing that the majority of customers want competitively priced protection. To populate our list, we requested car insurance quotes from every major New York company, in addition to ranking them according to their financial strength and the quality of their customer service.
Needless to say, with a little bit of research, it’s not difficult to find affordable and high-quality car insurance in New York. Since we did the research for you here, you can easily discover the best car insurance option that suits your needs and budget. In addition, we’ve explored the cost of auto insurance in the five largest cities in the state of New York, and we also conducted a price analysis for each of New York City’s five boroughs.
- The Overall Winner: Erie Insurance
- The Runner-up: Geico Insurance
- The Best Choice for Military: USAA Insurance
- The Best for Young and High-risk Drivers: Progressive
- The Best for Associated-Employee Discounts: MetLife
- The Cheapest Car Insurance in New York
- Average Cost of Auto Insurance in New York
- Car Insurance in the Biggest Cities in New York
- Car Insurance Prices in the 5 New York City Boroughs
- Minimum Auto Insurance Limits Required in New York
- How to Find the Cheapest Auto Insurance in New York