Most of the car insurance California residents can get is quite expensive. The most prosperous state in the US, if it was independent, it would have been the 5th country in the world by GDP, behind Germany. California is also a trend-setter in the technology, fashion, and entertainment industries. Gorgeous beaches and numerous tourist resorts only add to its appeal and strong economy. Furthermore, California is the most populous US state and the 11th overall in terms of population density. All these factors lead to both higher costs behind running insurance businesses and the greater chances of accidents happening.
However, despite the high insurance costs in California, those looking for reasonably priced coverage have many high-quality alternatives to choose from. To help you find the best option, we ranked all the auto insurance companies in California. Our criteria took the quality of the customer service, affordability, financial strength, and the number of discounts and additional coverage options all into account.
Moreover, we provide a guide for each common customer group on how to get the most out of their coverage. Whether you are a high-risk driver, military member, or a senior citizen, you can find the best car insurance for you here.
- Best Car Insurance Companies in California – 2019
- The Cheapest and Best Car Insurance in California by City
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Jose
- San Francisco
- Long Beach
- Minimum Auto Insurance Limits Required in California
- Out of State Tickets in California
- Discounts on Car Insurance in California
- How Much Does Auto Insurance in California Cost?
- How to Find the Best Car Insurance in California
- Frequently Asked Questions