The auto insurance Florida residents have available to them is among the most expensive in the US, according to our research. Several factors contribute to the high prices, such as a significant number of senior drivers, frequent car accidents, and Florida’s no-fault insurance system. Furthermore, from my experience as an assistant underwriter who handled Florida risks on a regular basis, I suspect hurricanes and subtropical weather increase all property and insurance rates in this state.
Nonetheless, it’s still not too hard to find the cheap car insurance Florida drivers want that won’t let them down if an accident happens. To save you time and money, we went ahead and ranked all the best auto insurance companies in Florida according to the quality of their customer service, financial strength, discounts, optional coverages, and prices.
Furthermore, we’ve provided a specialized guide for each of the most common driver categories and a separate list of the cheapest car insurance in the biggest cities in Florida. Whichever your preferences are, if you’re based in Florida and looking for the best car insurance, we’ve got you covered.
- Overall Winner: Geico Insurance
- The Runner-up: Safeco Insurance
- The Best for the Military: USAA Insurance
- The Cheapest Overall and the Best for High-Risk Drivers: Progressive
- The Best for Customer Service: MetLife
- The Cheapest and the Best Auto Insurance in Florida by City
- Minimum Auto Insurance Limits Required in Florida
- Discounts on Florida Auto Insurance
- Tips for Finding the Cheapest Car Insurance in Florida
- Frequently Asked Questions